I don’t know about you, but patience is definitely not my strong suit. I’m a very impatient person by nature. If things don’t happen ASAP, I get very antsy, stamp my foot pretty intensely and pace tracks in my living room floor. I loathe waiting. It drives me absolutely insane.
It was once said that good things come to those who wait. Obviously that person had already mastered patience as a virtue, unlike myself. In any case, here are fifteen ways that might help you to kill time while you’re waiting for that all-important phone call.
1. Cut your fingernails.
2. Cut your toenails.
3. Color your hair.
4. Call your mother.
5. Walk the dog.
6. If you don’t have a dog, walk the fish.
7. Oh wait, fish don’t walk. Scratch #6 and just take yourself for a walk.
8. Plant a flower.
9. Weed out the flower bed. (Yeah, the one that you planted then let go to weeds about 4 years ago.)
10. Take out the trash.
11. Write a “Thank You” card for the birthday gift your grandma sent (for your birthday last year).
12. Light a candle and meditate.
13. Visit a friend-oh wait, you can’t leave the house because you’re waiting for that call. Okay, scratch that idea.
14. Read the newspaper.
15. Organize your sock drawer by color.
Waiting by the phone is pure torture. I know that better than anyone. If none of these ideas help you figure out a way to kill some time, then by all means just keep sitting by that phone. It will ring…eventually.
Hope Wilbanks [http://www.theselfempoweredwoman.com] is a Copy Editor at the local daily newspaper. She enjoys reading a good book, painting with watercolors and writing articles like this. Visit Hope online: