Do you find it difficult overcoming what many believe to be the scourge of any worthwhile success? The ability to overcome and avoid procrastination might seem on the face of it a simple thing to do, but it always seems to unwittingly rear its ugly head and become a stumbling block to any future accomplishments that we might possibly strive for. To help in providing a solution to this major problem, you must always remember there is always a way and here are 10 ways to avoid procrastination.
- To first recognise that you are procrastinating in the first place and putting the important tasks in your life to one side will not make them go away.
- Make a list of all the tasks you know you need to complete to move things forward. Put the most important item at the top of your list and set about completing it. Do not move onto the next task, no matter how hard it seems and even if it takes longer than expected. No matter how long it takes, stick with it until it is completed.
- Make a list of all the tasks that are either unimportant or inconsequential to achieving or improving your life in any way. If they are totally unimportant, try to discard them and if on the other hand they will neither improve or have any significant detriment to your life, then come back to them when you have completed your most important tasks.
- Try to set a time allowance for the daily tasks that are important to you in achieving your goals. You will be amazed if you devote this time, without any distractions, how much you will get accomplished. Also set time aside for relaxation and precious time with your family.
- Use the time that is usually wasted, i.e. driving to work or travelling on public transport, by reading that important manual, listening to that life changing seminar or writing material for your next income producing project. This is time you will never get back and by doing this, you are using your time productively.
- Do not be worried or disheartened if you slip up and start to procrastinate instead of achieving. This is normal, as all habits cannot be broken indefinitely and we all slip up from time to time. The important thing to do is start achieving again the very next day.
- When you have completed an important single or series of tasks, then give yourself a treat. This will keep you on track to achieving even more significant tasks and as they become greater, then the greater the treat should be.
- Eat a balanced and healthy diet, take regular exercise and get the proper rest. This will create an abundance of energy that leans to the side of a productive lifestyle. When you are overweight, unhealthy and feeling tired, it seems easier to procrastinate, as it takes a small degree of energy to achieve.
- As part of your understanding in how to avoid procrastination, get help from the experts and search for advice. You do not have to do this on your own, there is a ton of information on the subject and the majority of it is without cost.
- Lastly, it is important to remember that there is also good procrastination and this is the time you relax knowing that the important tasks have been taken good care of. There is nothing wrong in kicking off our shoes from time to time and basically chilling out….and do not forget, take the weekend off.
If you enjoyed this article from Stephen Zaba and would like to receive more information on how to achieve a successful mindset and learn time management principles that really work, then please visit: [http://www.mindsetinmotion.com] and receive a 5 day e-course and a complementary set of classic audios.