1. The end of a matter is better than its beginning. You may not be where you want to be yet but at least you are no longer where you used to be stationed. Your years ahead will nullify your past ordeals & bad experiences. Sow seeds that can re-shape your DESTINY. A seed is not just financial; thoughts can be a seeds. Focus on the ULTIMATE goal & not be enslaved by the IMMEDIATE, urgent cravings. Greatness is yours.
2. When your SUCCESS is not linked to helping others succeed then it is not the kind I want to be personally associated to. The whole essence of human existence is so that we lift each other up to become the best we can be. GREATNESS is not for a selected few, it is humanity’s greatest asset.
3. It is better to be the WORST ORIGINAL version of yourself than be the BEST FAKE of someone else. Lack of originality in our dealings stifles the generation of brand new, fresh ideas and thinking hence the world becomes monotonous, routine and boring. In every person is wired the power of CREATIVITY. This creative power is not limited to specific privileged and skilled individuals. We should never demote ourselves to the point of appointing others to the role that we are entitled to. When people see your originality they will pay every cent available to taste your product. When all you have are copies of other people’s work then you are doing mankind a disservice. There are areas of endeavor that only you can pioneer.
4. Never enter into any agreement or negotiation from a point of DESPERATION. The moment you show how desperate you are, you DISARM yourself of the bargaining power. The value of the transaction will be compromised by your APPETITE & APPARENT desire. Rather stand back, gather yourself & your thoughts & RESCHEDULE the talks. Often we place a PRICE tag on goods based on our NEEDS. No one desires to spend more than the real VALUE of product or service.
5. Nothing beats a man or woman who is CONVINCED, CONVICTED and COMMITTED to a CAUSE. We can tell how far you will go by what powers you. Your engine capacity (internal VALUE system) spells out your DESTINY coordinates. You have no one to blame but yourself if you end up at someone else’s destination. Commit to your PURPOSE, your PATH and your PLAN rather than spend time observing other people’s PROGRESS. Many times we attempt to do things but we do not have a deep seated commitment and conviction about what we do. We do things to merely spend time and see another day but not to intentional leave a mark or an impact. We act while harbouring doubts about the outcomes hence we are not convinced enough.
6. It is shocking to note that a large number of professionals go through a day without clear set GOALS and TARGETS. As a result they then measure progress by how much sweat they shed. Your success is proportional to the determination to push your goals through. It is better to set goals and under achieve than exist in a cloud of false achievement. Set and Get Goals.
7. Your COMPETITION is not necessarily your ENEMY. They make sure you stay on top of your game in terms of Quality of Service, Excellence and Innovation. MONOPOLIES usually relax on their brand quality making this world such a boring place to be in. It’s your CONSISTENCY that will make your clients stick with your brand no matter how many other players exist. Competition will make you realize that your GET clients to KEEP them and not rely on Big once-off transactions.
8. Take time to observe what you have in your HANDS. Clay in the hands of a potter will create magnificent pottery; the same in the hands of a child is just mud. Do not disregard that which makes you UNIQUE. Someone’s greatness is relying on yours coming through first.
9. The things you are drawn towards, the things you do effortlessly without tiring, the things that move your heart the most, the things you ponder on over and over for long periods of time certainly point out your purpose direction.
10. Great people have an understanding that LIFE should be filled with LOVE for your creator and love for those around you. After all L.I.F.E is Love In Full Expression. You can claim to have greatness but if you have a Love Deficiency Syndrome (LDS) you are nothing. LOVE is a lot deeper than a mere feeling.
Rabison Shumba is a writer, businessman and philanthropist. Writer of the book The Greatness Manual which you can preview on
http://greatnessmanual.wordpress.com”>http://greatnessmanual.wordpress.com. Founder and CEO of Infotech Solutions and Greatness Factory Trust. Rabison speaks about success, leadership, motivation and inspiration. His trust works with disadvantaged school children supporting them with school fees and general livelihood. He also helps to network artists (musicians of all genres) to facilitate information sharing and building of future celebrities. Rabison is well traveled having been to Asia, America, United Kingdom and all over Africa. He is married to Jacqueline Edwards and they have two children. They reside in Harare, Zimbabwe, Southern Africa.