Success, however it’s defined, there are those who still far from its shores because of success limitation. Everyone that I know desires to be successful in one or every aspect of his or her live at one time or the other. For some it has been a thrilling and enjoyable experience while others it has been gruesome and an elusive dream. Why is this so? No matter how hard you have tried to succeed, you are always falling short of your expectations personally or professionally. One of the significant reasons why success seems to be a figment of imagination is the undeniable fact that there are limitations sabotaging your efforts. Therefore overcoming these limitations will ensure your success in any enterprise.
Here are my top ten tips to overcome success limitation.
1. Recognise Limitations: To overcome success limitations first and foremost you have to recognise that there are limitations. This is imperative, as most people tend to live in denial of the facts. It will be impossible to overcome what you are ignorant of.
2. Change Perspective: As you recognise the limitations you have to change your perspective from can’t to can, impossible to possible, unable to able. This will help empower you as you take on that limitation.
3. Do not exaggerate: Have a proper definition of what the limitation is. Avoid the propensity to exaggerate that is taking the limitation out of context or underestimating the limitation.
4. Set the right goals: Success is directly related to goal setting. Consequently, setting the right goal, not just any goal but the right one that is in harmony with your core values will help you overcome success limitation.
5. Books and Audio books: The importance of this point cannot be overemphasized. Get books and audio books in the areas of your life that you desire to succeed so as to learn and glean practical information that will facilitate your progress.
6. Mastermind Group: To have a group of like minded individuals that you can learn from and stay accountable to is invaluable. They can brainstorm with you on areas of difficulty and suggest solutions. Plus you will be able to leverage from individual or group experience and knowledge.
7. Mentorship: Enlist with the help of a mentor that will guide and help you navigate through those limitations and at the same time you are accountable for executing your action plans.
8. Change Your Focus: You ultimately become what you focus on and what you focus on becomes your governing realities most of the time. Hence, rather than focusing on your limitations focus on your strength and possibilities.
9. Decision-making: Between you and the action to be taken is the decision to act. Hence, knowing what to do base on the available information, responding quickly and effectively is critical to overcoming success limitations.
10. Confront the limitation: Our limitations tend to paralyze us, holding us back from taking constructive action in the direction of our definite purpose. There are those who for some reasons completely avoid the situation entirely. Now the problem with this line of action of course is the fact that you miss out on valuable lessons you would have learnt or gained and the person you would have become in the process of addressing the issue. From my experience of working with people these becomes a vicious circle. It ought not to be so.
There is always going to be something or someone that will always stand on your part toward success however, whatever it maybe you must not allow to stop you in achieving your personal or professional success. Consequently, overcoming your success limitation is critical as you pursue you goals and objectives. Begin this process today by applying these 10 proven keys and I can sure you that the results will be immeasurable.
Richard Onebamoi is a pastor, international and multi-gifted motivational speaker, author and success facilitator. He is empowering people to unlock the power to succeed. Sign up right now for Richard Onebamoi’s FREE success empowerment newsletter to discover proven strategies for success – Go here: Success Empowerment Newsletter [http://www.self-improve-blog.com/freeezine.php]